The day-to-day rigors of being a full-time working mom does take a toll on me both physically and mentally. There is a lot of juggling of schedules, organizing our household, school and work requirements.
My workday start at 5:30. I take about 15 minutes to mentally prepare for the day and week ahead. This helps tremendously.
My workday ends at 5:00 PM and I am home within an hour. If necessary I will take about 15-20 minutes in my room to decompress before our evening routine begins.
For single moms who are fortunate to have scheduled weekends or scheduled weekdays, I secretly envy YOU! ME time is invaluable and well deserved. I am so over having anyone else understand what is needed for my physical and mental well-being. In 2016, guess what? I am adamant about taking time for myself.
The absolute key for taking ME time is do not PLAN it but SCHEDULE ON YOUR CALENDAR!
“Taking Care of You Must Be A Priority”
MY 2016 – HOW TO MAKE TIME FOR ME
- Schedule ME time monthly to include any and all things that mean PAMPER. If you’re like me I love pampering myself with manicure, pedicures and massages.
- Hiring a local babysitter to treat myself to the things I love! I’m trying CARE.COM for the first time.
- Take time to DECOMPRESS in the morning and evening. Get up earlier than everyone else in the morning. Close the door in the evening for a few moments of time to decompress.
- Make FITNESS and HEALTHY EATING a part of my lifestyle not just an option. It only takes at 2- 3 days of physical activity to recharge the body. DO IT!
- UNPLUG from distractions on a daily basis. I have made it point to remove myself from social media before bedtime.
- Get MORE SLEEP each night. I have SET a bedtime at 10:00 each night!
- SHOWER myself with the things I LOVE. I have learned to enjoy what I love and treat MYSELF with no GUILT.
“No Mommy Guilt For Taking Care of You”