I know I’m not the only one who has ever had one of those days where you feel completely overwhelmed. You have a to do list that is so long you wonder to yourself how you will ever get anything done. You have responsibilities that seem to increase and no one to come in and save you. Well if and when you experience these types of days here are my go to save me moment pick me ups:
- Music is a saving grace. Don’t put on a tune that will make you mad or one that will make you sleepy. Put on some really upbeat music and even if you are at your desk you can dance a little. There’s nothing wrong with a little chair dancing.
- Drink water. It can replenish you and hydrate you and thus allowing you to stop overeating which is another reason to feel overly tired and drained.
- Happy snacking. Put away regular chips and elect to get some kale chips or sweet potato chips. There are so many healthy alternatives. Preparation is key. Pack your snacks for work, school and take them with you. You will feel better by end of day.
- Good conversation. A little positive conversation will make you feel better. Talking about doom and gloom all the time makes for a very dull person. Live a little and smile.
- Exercise. You don’t have time right? Walk around the floors of your job every time you take a bathroom break. That will get your blood circulating and moving. Take a walk for a few minutes a day or work out for a solid 15 minutes and that will be better than nothing.
- Sex. Now unless you can privately sneak away and have sex in the middle of the day, start your day off with sex. Yes that will have you glowing, smiling and productive trust me. Plus its a great work out if you are doing it right. Sex should never be boring so spice it up a bit.
- Affirmations. Sometimes the negative thoughts you keep high fiving are the issue. Speak highly of yourself.
- Send someone an encouraging note. We have every social media outlet at our finger tips it only take a few seconds to make someone else’s day. It will make your day as well.
- For my ladies, if you wear lipstick pick a bold color. You will smile more, you will feel in your essence more. You will feel empowered. A red lip or a bright pink lip does wonders. I sometimes put on a red lip on purpose.
- Reconnect with others. Call a friend. I have had a conversation with a friend for 15 minutes and felt more inspired.
There are a thousand ways of shaking the blah feeling you may be going through. Pick one, anything and be more productive. Remember that goal that you WERE working on but set it done, reconfirm with yourself to make it happen. If you have a vision board and I encourage you to make one, you should be doing one thing off of your vision board to make that a reality. You should be affirming yourself at least one time a day. That in itself will do wonders for your spirit. Have a great day today and remember you are in charge in making it great!!