So if you live in the East you may have experienced some unseasonably warm weather lately. Let me encourage your heart, it’s not the real Spring. So although I say get out and enjoy it, there a few things to remember:
- It’s not really Spring. I know you want to walk outside with no sleeves, no coats, no hats and all that jazz but remember there is a possibility that since we are in still in February that the cold will come back.
- If you feel the need to forget anything go back to statement #1, it will save your life
- Please continue good hand washing. We all know by now that unwashed hands is one of the biggest ways to spread germs. SO do us all a favor and wash your hands. I can’t speak for the men but I am sure the same holds true, the amount of women who walk out of the stall to the door and don’t even glance at the sink let alone turn it on irks all 5 of my souls. Wash your hands. Cute and trifling don’t go together. Trust me they don’t.
- Flip flops and tank tops needs to stay in the warm weather bin. Trust me there’s a difference between 55 Winter weather and 55 Fall or Spring weather. If in doubt refer to #1.
- The flu season is still here. I had 5 co-workers out with the same thing in the same days. You can still mess around and get sick.
These are fun things you can do to feel like Spring but not break rules 1-4.
- Get a mani or pedi that is with bright colors. Nothing signals that Spring is coming like switching up your nail color. This can give you a Spring preview without getting yourself super sick.
- Wear brighter clothes this does the same thing that the mani and pedi does and it will uplift your mood.
- Book a Spring or summer trip. This will get your wheels spinning in the right direction.
- Start buying Spring clothes but do NOT put your Winter clothes away just yet.
- Book yourself some “self” appointments like maybe a wax or a facial.
- Try for a new workout class. Maybe you have slacked on your New Years Resolution and this would be a great mental booster as you step into Spring (but soon not yet)
There are many options but just don’t break down and do it all. Pace yourself. Spring is coming but it’s not here just yet. I am not suggesting that if you dress like a mummy either and that if you do that you won’t get sick. What I am saying is use some wisdom. Soon as folks see a lil bit of sun they lose their minds. Put your clothes on and still practice the same precaution you once did when it was cold, snowy, and icy.