It’s finally here in all of its cold and still snow on the ground love. Spring has arrived. Who wouldn’t be happy? What I love about Spring is that it brings me that much closer to my favorite season and that is Summer. Spring allows us all one last season to get Summer time fine. For all of the people who use Winter as an excuse not to work out because of the cold will have nothing to hide under. Yes Spring brings showers, but if you really were about that work out life you will work around it. So as we celebrate Spring’s arrival here are a few things to keep in mind:
- It’s time to change out hygiene products. I don’t know if this post is inspired by the Strawberry Letter I heard on the Steve Harvey show about the woman who didn’t wash, but we ALL need to make some changes. Our bodies change over when warmer weather comes in. Change your makeup, deodorant, hair products, etc to what YOU need to be at your freshest.
- For the Spring and Summer over shavers, please get to it. I can’t say what someone should do as far as shaving or waxing but I will say that the benefits of either one is cleanliness. Some people do it for appearance reason but always know less hair means less trapped in smells. I will tell you what my own momma taught me, you can smell you. No one should have to tell you to that you stink. So let’s all tighten up.
- Color. Enjoy some color. I know black and gray is the go to but…Spring is here add a few shades of color. It doesn’t have to be super bright color just yet but a pop of color definitely helps in aiding in happier modes. So don’t be shy. Scarfs are great ways to add color if you aren’t confident enough to go all the way in with a color top or bottom. So get your color on!
- Change-please note this is the time where salons are their super busiest. Everyone wants cuts and colors so if this is you, book early. Also be sure that you go for a consult. Do not just go and plop in a chair unless it’s a stylist you are super comfortable with.
- Pedicures and manicures-start getting them if you haven’t all winter. If you can’t afford them there are way too many at home gel or regular nail polish systems that cost less than a salon stop. Visit your local beauty supply and get creative. There is no real reason to walk around raggedy. In the words of my best friend, you can grab an at home foot scrubber. So scrub off the winter blues and look to be more polished literally.
- Keep up your gym or outside work out commitments. The warm weather can have you all in your feelings but the feeling of not being able to wear shorts or a cute skirt is even worst. Do not slack up instead be creative. Don’t have gym money there are YouTube videos with free work out routines. Don’t want to do that, get you an old-fashioned jump rope or hula hoop. Trust me a few times of this a week can take off inches off of your waist. Get active.
- Reconnect . Start planning that Summer trip. I advise all to find a trip in your budget for yourself, your family, and friends too. Nothing says relaxed you like a trip. Make yourself a priority. There are no excuses. There is apps like Groupon that can get you where you want to go. Last Summer I did a beach day solo and I WILL be doing it again. It feels good to let your hair down and you don’t need to break the bank to do it. However whatever you do make the sacrifice and enjoy life more. Your family, friends, job, etc will thank you. The more relaxed you are, the better you are to those around you. Plus you have a few neglected friends who miss you so meet ups are important.
- Love you. Yes as it gets warmer you will find that some people get more irritated. It should be the opposite since the Winter may have had you in cabin fever, but for some its the polar opposite. Love on yourself. If YOU need something to make your life better, get it. Meaning for example, you need more time outside because being inside is wearing on you, than do that. Sit outside on your front porch, take a walk, have an outside picnic do what works for you.
Enjoy the Spring. I know at least in my area it’s still cold and the snow hasn’t even melted all the way, but trust me warmer weather is on its way. As it gets here, people will be out more. For some who deal with anxiety as socialization increases, be aware and do what you need to do to be prepared. Don’t let it stop you. Get out, and do what you need for you but enjoy it!!