So I want to start doing a weekly wrap up with my readers. I first want to say thank you for rocking out with me. Some of you have been loyal since day one 2 years ago and some are brand new. Even if you came to see what I am doing and have something to say about that, either way you are here.
With this new weekly wrap up I will attempt to wrap a few news stories as well as personal highs and lows that went down this week.
- Missing black girls in the DC area. I have a 7-year-old and to know that these young girls are missing and not much coverage is being done to bring them or any lost child home is most disturbing. I need our men to step up and assist our single mothers in DC and all over the world. Men make such a vital part of our community especially in homes where no male is present. So let’s say a prayer that these young ladies make it home safe and sound.
- Violence breaks out outside the UK Parliament-it is the sad day that we live in where these senseless acts of violence and terrorism takes place. My prayers to those who were injured or lost their lives.
- The United States government as a whole. It’s no secret that Trump is in office. There are a lot of laws and a lot of back and forth taking place that affects and will affect of the everyday life. My suggestion is that we need to all start pulling resources together. We need to look out for one another. I have been saying this since I started this blog, we need to take it back to the old land mark where we would watch over our elderly, feed the kids, and help the single moms and dads where we can. A little can go a long way and not just around the holiday times either. Step it up all year-long
- Lost 2 more pounds this week. Even managed to almost loss my clothes on the treadmill. Contemplating if I should buy smaller size clothes as I have gone down one and a half but I am attempting to wait it out.
- Made some time for myself and I have a few things for myself this weekend. I am on a mission to attempt to balance my life as much as possible to not give more than I need to in any one area and pour back into my own life like I pour out into others.
- Daughter’s report came home and we are loving her new confidence. We are working with her on not just hearing what we say but applying. We want her to be strong and confident and speak up for herself respectively.
- Concurred the water demon aka drinking water more. I do not like water however its one of the best components to losing weight is increasing water. I can actually drink it whether its flavored or not and that’s major progress.
- Keeping up with my new natural hair style. I thought it would be harder especially with the fact that I work out at least 3 days a week but so far so good. See my blog on my natural hair, Natural is not a phase
Blogs for this week:
If you missed anything and you I hope you haven’t but if you did this is what we were talking about this week:
- Marriage and medical deal breakers. We helped a married couple navigate should they leave their marriage over a medical problem. You have to read my answer. It’s not always a flat-out no. Yes we have vows but sometimes……
- Rapper Future is not on my top list of greatest rappers. I do not like this just learned how to read, cookie cutter, make money off of stupidity rap.
- Open marriage in the communication lane and taking trips without your mate
- Whether or not you should leave a significant other who refuses to wash. The short answer is going to a yes…..
- We highlighted KJM a blogger that keeps it straight no chaser. Let me say she gets the nitty and gritty of where I leave off. I blog light but my mouth is just as sharp. Don’t know who KJM is, catch up
- Spring must do
So this has been a trying week for me in that I am still dealing with the aftermath of my kid’s school. I really am trying to find the appropriate way to start communicating and liking it to my kids teachers. I believe in keeping decorum but the struggle is in having to save face after I am clear that personalities no longer mash well. Parenting is not an easy road. I as always taught to handle my business but I find that I am on a hi and bye level and I am not sure if that will be enough to salvage the broken relationship. I do not play when it comes to my kids. Once I see someone lie, discriminate, or even not give them the basic education they deserve my first step is to get through the year and think ahead on new schooling. I know that sounds like running but it’s not. I believe every child needs to have a good education. I believe they should be safe, and be in a welcoming environment. My kids do not go to school for free. So once I start shelling out rent payments and car notes I expect a high level of expectation to be met period. So I am still figuring things out and weighing out all options. The trick is putting my issues to the side for the better of my children but not taking no junk from anyone regardless of title or position.
This past weekend wasn’t a very good one for me. I had a hard time coming out of a funk. No I am not super positive every moment. I can go left real quick. It is something that I am aware of and try to stay away from others and retreat if I need to. My patience can become quick and the only ones I am not short with for the most part are the 3 that call me mom. I am working on getting better on working through my triggers. But hey I am human and I bounced back fine.