Got the song in your head now? You should. It’s time to move. We discussed the reasons why physical movement can help to cut down the physical stress. So let’s figure out some fun ways to make it happen.
Let’s keep it real I am a full-time mom, wife, I have a full time job and in between life and balance it isn’t easy. My work outs do not ever look the same day-to-day or even week to week. So what are the ways you can increase your physical activity?
- Move-yes if you work you can go to the bathroom on different floors, take the stairs, do some chair exercises. Whatever you choose to do, move. Sitting is the new smoking so you can’t afford to just sit all day. Even if you are one who isn’t all into the gym, you can’t deny how much better your mood and your joints feel after some movement.
- Take a lesson-this is the best time now that the weather is breaking to take a class. If you don’t know how to swim take a lesson. Want to take a class you were too scared to take before or used the cold of the winter as your excuse, dump the excuse and take a class. Taking a class aids in your healthy well-being as well as it can be a great way to network.
- Get involved-there are a lot of ways you can get things done in your community. If you feel the opportunity isn’t there what better way than to create it? Get out and motivate others. While doing this you can help your physical and mental being as well as get involved and meet some dynamic people.
- Form groups-it doesn’t even need to be something super elaborate. It could be a walking club. Get a few or more of you together that can share in a common goal and walk. It’s that simple. No money involved and super easy that will only require some time and some dedication.
- Love -did you know that the more and your new boo or your old boo work out together and get involved in an activity that it helps in your relationship and takes stress away to the max. No one pushes buttons together like a couple. So if you find something you can do together its an automatic win. Don’t want to go out? How about fixing things in your home together? You get to move about, get things done, and the both of you can connect, argue, and love your way to the completion of your task.
- Dance-you can burn a lot of calories dancing the night away. You don’t have to be the best dancer either. If you live alone, turn the music up and get in the zone. You can pretend to be any dancer or entertainer you want to be and have a great time doing it.
It’s time to get out and enjoy your life. A few things I do to get moving:
- Soul Cycle-you can read both of my blogs on my experience. I am not a pro but I definitely can say I am so much better than before.
- Free-yes I use YouTube to my advantage when I can’t get out of my house. I do not allow too much time to elapse where no physical activity is going down but nothing makes me smile more than a free YouTube video work out.
- Gym-I do still try to do at least bare minimal 2 days at the gym. I typically get my 3 days in since I do my workouts during my lunch time at work, shower, and then continue with my day.
- Use my kids-do you know how solid my kids are? Them little nuggets is like big mac babies when it comes to using them for weights. I usually aim for my son but I have them doing all kinds of stuff with me. They think its mommy and me time and I’m like come beat that donut off of me time. I get a kick and they do too. They line up waiting their turn and its always makes the time go fast and a good laugh is always a good thing in my book.
- All of the things above that I mention I incorporate into my life. I am on the road to being well-rounded and as much as I feel like an island I am embracing the idea of including and allowing others in my life appropriately. You know I ain’t letting just any old body around me. However I am finding some great friendships along the way and embracing them.