So yes it’s Mother’s Day and the day can be super beautiful however there are a few things you don’t want to do:
- If a woman isn’t pregnant or at least hasn’t confirmed it with you, do NOT ask her when she is ready to have some. Not every woman wants a kid. This day can actually be hard for women who have been trying to have kids and for whatever reason can’t. It’s simple, don’t ask about another woman’s uterus. Let me help you out further, its called MIND YOUR BUSINESS. It doesn’t matter if it your daughter in law, cousin, etc do NOT ask. It’s non of your concern. You are not helping by asking. You are being OFFENSIVE. I said it and it’s true. MIND your own business.
- Don’t call mom-everyone knows you have to at least call. So for those who still have her here, call her. There are moms who have strained relationships that don’t get calls from their kids even on these types of days. Its unfortunate. You and your mom don’t have to agree but you can agree to say thanks and hi.
- Please refrain from male bashing. I know it’s mom day and its a day of reflection. Some use this day to come at the father of their kids to remind him of what you do. Let me give you some advice, that man knows and some how will not care. Stop wasting your energy on him. Enjoy your day. Yes you do a lot or even all of the work, but coming at his neck won’t make him realize the error of his ways. Tagging him all day on social media won’t either. If you have been fine this far without him, keep it pushing. Why even give him your energy?!
- Do not give your kids a hard time about the gifts gotten. There is a mom would love your portion. Stop with the pressure. Not everyone can afford to lavish their mom with diamonds. I love my mom and if I had it like that I would give her the world. However some moms make it a big extra where the giving comes from a place of not wanting to hear your mouth over real desire to show love. Take it easy on your family and loved ones. It’s not a competition.
- Chain mom posts. We are beautiful mom, the tag a beautiful mom is not needed. We all work hard. We all provide constant love for those who choose to. Do not send chain texts. We ALL know what day it is. I am surrounded by a lot of amazing women in my life and a great network of mom friends. I actually send them individual texts if I don’t call. I know they are all being loved on but individual texts makes it more personal. Not only that 9 times out of 10 you don’t even change the name and they know. If you love them like that, them send them amazing text messages and leave it at that.
This is a simple list. There are probably a dozen more things you SHOULD know. Rule of thumb is to make sure you do for mom what you want someone to do for you. That is the golden rule anyway. Love on mom and leave drama at home. Even if you and mom aren’t in full speaking terms its best to call or drop by and leave than to stay and mess up both of your day.
Lastly Mother’s Day is always best when dads who are around participate. Nothing is more beautiful than a man showing his children how they need to honor their mother. My husband has lost his mom but the kids saw what they needed to do to honor me even at the point of death. Teaching is always happening. It’s important for kids to know how to make it work. So do your part!!