So May is over. It’s been a great month for me but it’s time to get new goals for June. Another thing happening this June is we are officially at the half way mark to ending 2017. Time is flying. We are coming into a new season.
As we jump into this second half of the year what have you done with the first half? Looking for a new job? How many applications and interviews have you been on? Looking to end love but in the name of not being alone have you cut off the old draining love? Nope, he or she is still there? Looking for new love but haven’t stepped out to enjoy yours? Want to travel but haven’t even applied for a passport? Want to lose weight but won’t even work out at home on free YouTube channels? See the one main ingredient that is missing is action.
We all love to talk. We talk about dreams but won’t make the first step towards them. New Year’s Eve night and you will have a new set of things to do but haven’t put energy to at least begin the set you are supposed to be working on now. I know you have excuses we all do but the only person who hurts from uncompleted goals is you. It’s one thing to be working hard towards goals and not measure up but you can’t even begin to even complain if you have done nothing.
So what you gonna do? Simply dream? Simply talk? Just hope things just line up? Let me know how that works out for you. Anything you want takes work. It’s going to take effort. So let’s step it up. No more dreams without a plan. Be realistic in your plan. Start with one work out day. Change what you eat, pack your food for your day if you are serious about losing weight. Fill out 5 applications a day if you’re looking for a job or a better one. Call a recruiter and ask the questions and set up a tour if you want to go back to school? All of this requires energy and action.
We say year after year how this is our year but you really can’t believe it if you don’t work towards it. I blogged and stand by the premise that if you put half the energy you put into others around you-you would be a better person trust me on it. You can be a better person by working on your inside than out. So in this new month-take a step and leap.
Do you really want it that bad? Prove it to yourself.
- Write it out. What is your vision?
- Research what it will take. If it’s money needed how much. Do you have a gift or talent that can help you make the money to get there? Do it. Get you a jar, decorate it and save towards it.
- Clear your mind. You can’t make space with new things still holding onto the old stuff.
Get around like minded people who already doing it. Get a mentor.
So you have things to do. You don’t have time to sit around watching the world be great. You don’t have time to babysit what everyone else is doing. Time to make it happen. Recommit to you!! Invest in you.
Emotional stress is one of the stressors that attaches itself to one of the other stresses we discussed. If your mind is all over the place, allowing you to think about all kinds of thing it will affect your emotions and can cause physical stress. You can’t really be mentally or physically stressed and it doesn’t mess with your emotions. They are sidekicks to yourself.
However you can calm your emotions to began to handle things and alleviate the other stresses. One of the reasons is that out of your mouth your heart speaks. What you talk about, give life to shows where you are. When you say you are over something and you think you are but keep talking about it still has you. When you aren’t phased by something is when you let things go. So how do you handle emotional stress? Getting to the root of what is tugging at your heart. If you are hurt you tend to hurt others in your words, deeds, etc. Lashing out sometimes only reveals what is really going on. However don’t expect the world to give you a pass just because something is bothering you. Everyone around is having a hard time and only really mature people even take the time to weed out your mess and want to assist you. Others will tell you that they are here for you but aren’t. These types of heart issues have to come from you doing some work on the inside out.
I have said it before sometimes writing things down or even saying it gets it out. Once out you can own it and then find ways to fix it. Not everything can be fixed. There will be tines when apologies will never come from the very ones who are fully aware that they did you wrong. There are so many people in the grave who have power on those of us who are living because we won’t forgive. And although some take it as cliché, forgiveness is really for you. It frees you. It makes you whole. You can be whole without someone apologizing to you when you learn to drop the charges against them. It doesn’t mean that they deserve it. It doesn’t mean you will forget about it. It just means you don’t need to carry the weight of what others have done. Let’s be honest, people are rude People are inconsiderate and people say and do mean things. You don’t have to like it but nothing that someone else has done should make you not live the best life that you can. It’s like being miserable while the others around you continue their life. This happens all the time. It’s hard to forgive and move on but its worth your peace to do it.
Take some time not to mask what you feel but to deal with it. You may not be able to get closure but you can close the books to your heart and move to a positive place in your life.
The very point of new love is to get to know someone. If you telling your boyfriend that you don’t like something is an issue this relationship will not last. Relationships are give and take. Sometimes you have to speak up. Best believe your boyfriend will have zero problems stating what he likes or doesn’t like. I get that the first semi difficult talk seems to be happening, but you have to let him know. Why let this man call you a little pet name that you simply don’t want to hear. When he calls you this name its supposed to have you grinning from ear to ear not irritated. Communication is key in any relationship. Women feel like they can’t speak up unless all hell has broken loose and now you’re in full complaint mode. Men think that all women do is complain because often times we let things go unchecked and then we confront after many times before we didn’t simply just be an adult and hash it out and leave it alone. You don’t like it, sit him down and say hey I would prefer a different name. Reality as simple as this situation is the bigger issue isn’t in a pet name but the reality that you are already feeling like you need to tip toe around him and that needs to change. If you are in a relationship open and honest communication with yourself and then him is necessary. Any relationship where you can’t do both needs to be reevaluated. Is the name the issue or your lack of ability to feel comfortable speaking up the issue? Is it that you are afraid that rocking the boat? Is your relationship in a good place or this a drop in a bucket? Sometimes the small things that irritate you about someone can reveal much bigger issues. If the romance has died early on than you can either do the work to rekindle it or decide if its worth it all together.
I love T.I. but my love for him will never cloud my judgement on whether or not I think the words coming out of his mouth is right or not. His marriage has been under fire for many years. Recently it has come under fire when his estranged wife “Tiny” Tameka Harris filed for divorce.
I try not to believe everything in the tabloids. For instance the reported infidelity on both sides no one really knows for sure but Tiny and TI. However one thing that has been circulating is TI’s most recent interview where he states how he can be a better best friend to Tiny but not a good husband to her. Now let’s explore this statement since I am a married woman if I heard that I was a distraction after giving my husband the best of me, having children and building a life regardless of what was going on I would be devastated. I feel for Tiny in that aspect.
Should he stay just to save face?
However I wouldn’t have an issue with TI feeling and expressing the way he feels if he had this conversation with her privately and before the alleged affairs that took place. We tend to take the honestly out of marriage out. If your husband can’t come to you and be transparent even if it hurts that is an issue. I know for my husband and I struggle in this area to be 100% vulnerable because we still feel the need to hold a person’s feelings when you discuss difficult situations. It doesn’t mean someone is withholding information it just means that some things are difficult and may take time to bring to one another’s attention.
If TI feels that he can be a better friend over a husband as hard as those words are to hear, it’s better to have the words said than to prolong the inevitable. However I do believe that tact should always be considered. The timing on something like that is everything. This means to Tiny that even if she thought they could reconcile things, he is not in the place to do so. He no longer wants to do the things that husbands do. She has to get pass that type of gut wrenching hurt. She could be doing that in her own way. I think she is still struggling. If my husband and I had that conversation and I saw him or thought he was entertaining someone I know for a full fact I would be okay to see that or have it thrown in my face all the time. It would take some time to heal that the marriage was over. Have my husband had some extremely hurtful things that hit and cut like that? Absolutely if I am honest.
We tend to romanticize marriage. We tend to think everything will just work out. It doesn’t. I do not like the ideal of divorce. I didn’t marry to divorce but it happens. You have to understand that going into it. No you don’t look for it to happen but understand when it comes to the matters of the heart and will, things will never remain if the person you are working with stops working with you. TI shouldn’t just stick it out for the sake of the kids, to make Tiny happy, or to prevent from divorcing altogether. Somebody has to realize that a broken toy doesn’t always get fixed. Women are lining their opinions on the matter and some not understanding what its like to be married. Some are on team Tiny and reality is there is no need for Team anybody. The team members that matter the most, one party doesn’t want to be married. It sucks, it hurts, but I am sure like most strong women she is shattered but her pieces can be put back together.
I can’t imagine what it feels to be in Tiny’s shoes. She can’t even grief the marriage because she is in the public eye. I am sure that Tiny and TI have had good moments. I am sure they keep things together for the children. I am sure that they are trying to work on things to get them to the point where they can be cordial. I am also sure that is not without pain and not without hurt. Tiny has been there for TI even during the time of his incarceration. He I am sure has been there during difficult times as well. They lost a child together, they have been through Hell and back. People think that in marriage you won’t change but marriage changes people. Some for the better and some it can go left. I know couples who take years to get to this point still holding on to what was. Loyalty is pricey. This is why its hard for people to give it to just anyone. They know that you put yourself out there and the return on investment can be everything or nothing at all. Marriage is work but it takes both partners willing to make it work for it to work. I wish them both well.
So I am going to a wedding today. I know without a doubt this union is just going to be a beautiful celebration of two people who really do love each other and who are both committed to being there for one another. Going to weddings when you are married is supposed to remind you of your own vows. You get that rush of feeling when you think of the nervousness of both individuals and you remember how you felt doing the same thing. Marriage is a lifetime committment and that committment can be easy-going but filled with the ups and downs of life. So here are a few things that married people don’t share but its true.
- You will get on each others nerves-I know in the fairy tales the man and woman marry and then they live happily ever after but in planet Reality, it’s not true all the time. Your mate will get on your last nerve and then resurrect that nerve and get on it again and again and again. Yes and some more. This is the closest person to you and they know all of your ups and downs as well as your triggers. Love is forever but staying in that forever moment take works.
- You will not be in a blissful state of euphoria every minute of your marriage. Cue in the flowers, lingerie, and happy smiles marriage is work. I think I said that before but marriage is work. You will have to be intentional in creating happy spaces of your marriage. You will also need to be prepared for the down times as well as make sure you are already on a stable foundation.
- Your first few years are the hardest. You may find that your temperament will change as you ride the waves of this new life. You may argue for the first time since you called your little baby boo, teddy bear, love muffin yours. This will pass. If you notice that you are having more trouble than most than seek counseling. But know its normal to disagree. Don’t stress and if you can’t find a solution than let an argument settle and come back to it. Take a time out. It’s okay. Rome wasn’t built in a day and neither do all arguments.
- Sometimes you will crave your own space. You got married to be one, but you don’t have to be joined at the hip. However there will be time when life pushes you more and more together and if you aren’t careful can push you away from your own dreams. You have a help mate which means someone to help you along the journey of life but not to be your life. Make time to love on each other and still have to cultivate your own passions.
- Life changes. This has to be said. Marriage is not just a piece of paper. It binds you in spirit and love. That changes the game altogether. You are no longer on an island you are responsible for each other and the family and life you have. Going with the flow isn’t easy for everyone that is why the person you pick to spend your life with is super important. You want to be sure that the person is willing to take care of you if you lost all of your limbs, lost your mind, or got severely sick. Why pick a person who will run at the slightest sign of danger. You are wasting the time you could be with the one who really wants to be just be there. They should want to be there just because they love you and love doing for you and with you.
- Sex is important. I know you hear stories of wives who only have sex 3 times a year: birthday, Christmas, and anniversaries. Although it’s not my place to say how often a couple should be having it, if you ask the couple separately there will always be one that wants it more and the other who wants it less. Whether you believe in sex before marriage or not, talking about sex and the expectations should be discussed before hand. Why be married to the one person who is to fulfill your needs and find out that they aren’t going to or have no intention of doing so. This is crushing, especially in lines of honoring your vows. If you are to honor your vows and that means not sleeping around than you should be able to be sexually free with your mate. This takes time and being on the same page outside of the bedroom. Also be realistic. Once babies, sickness or anything else life swings your way will change-up the rhythm. It takes two to tango. If you hear from a married friend that something is wrong in the timing of sex in their lives, always remember there are always two sides and in the middle is always a big misunderstanding. Communication and the lack thereof is always the culprit.
- Communication is a big issue in marriage and it can make or break the relationship. Money is tied or sometimes seen as number one but communication is the culprit before money. If you can’t communicate and if you struggle like I do at times than you must have someone willing to help you close that gap or is patient. You have to be able to open up. Men you will definitely know you are marrying or have married the right one when you don’t want to communicate but its something about the lady in your life that pushes you past your comfort level of opening up. How you say what you say is actually more important than the words you say. Saying hey you lost yourself and you look horrible is way off track than saying hey what is going on and how can I help you get back to your happy place. See the difference. I tell my husband all the time you can the same thing and use tact and tact will get you everything with me. Its super true. I love that man and if he comes correct 99% he can get whatever he needs within reason.
- Money is something to be on top of. I don’t like money talks. I hate them to be honest. I always feel like I am being talked to like a child when it comes to money. I am the type that is like just tell me what I need to contribute to and move on but it doesn’t always work that way. You can’t be afraid to know where you stand. I encourage every woman who is reading this blog if you are in a marriage to know the ends and outs of what is coming in and what is coming out. You should have copies of every important financial document and know the status everything concerning you and your households. Do you know how many women just because they are stay at home moms or aren’t working that don’t know this information. If something happens to that man you can’t write a check, drive, or even know if you can bury that man-nothing. Change that. You need to be partners in life which means that you must be partners who have full rights. Every partner should have all the cards facing up.
- Happy wife, happy life is a lie and a truth at the same time. Happy wife starts with a happy wife than you can do things to make her happy after her happiness is fulfilled. Let me share a little confession, I am not that happy wife all the time. This takes practice. I would encourage all soon to be wives and those wanting to be wives to do some work on yourself before you join yourself to someone. It takes a lot of out of the marriage to constantly try to make a miserable person happy. You can kill a person trying to do the most. Once you have a happy wife than men its up to you to make sure you keep her love bucket full and vice versa the same applies to the ladies. Love on yourself and never forget the reason why you got married is the key to keeping you as an individual happy therefore making a happy marriage.
- Marriage isn’t for everyone. I know we know about the divorce rates but that isn’t supposed to scare you. Marriage is what you and your mate put into it. What people don’t tell you is to never judge your marriage off of what others around you do. What makes one marriage work never applies to all marriages. So be careful comparing and water your own garden.
This not checking in life for marriage doesn’t settle with me. Even in the absence of children in a marriage this concept of everyone doing them sounds like polar opposite of what marriage looks like to ME. This is my opinion. I think that two individuals can be married to each other and have separate likes and do separate things but not checking in at all or not checking in only in emergencies makes no sense. It makes me wonder what did you get married for? A roommate? Live in sex partner? You can have these things without marriage. Even single committed people check in from time to time.
I have no idea as to why you and your partner opened this can of worms but this is an example of how it can back fire. You can have single trips meaning trips you take with friends or a yolo trip of your own without your spouse. This is healthy when you can do these things and both partners be on the same page. It sounds like to me whatever arrangements you had are no longer working for you. I don’t know how many trips your partner has booked but it sounds like you don’t agree with it. Open marriages are not for everyone even if you take out the sexual part of it. All marriages are open to what you and the partner involved define it. Although I have given you what I think you and your partner ultimately make the decisions on what happens and what doesn’t happen. It sounds like you and your partner need to have a conversation and you need to express how you really view the whole checking in process. What if you wanted to take your spouse on a trip? I mean it just seems like there are too many variations to this concept.
You should express how you feel. Talk about what this no checking in concept really should be for you two. Accept that if there trips booked, that since you once had this open policy that you may not be able to change those trips. You can talk about a plan going forward but whatever is on the plans with your partner may remain. I think that you can’t expect your partner to cancel their plans. I do not think that is fair at all. If you accepted it then you can talk about a future only plan. I was always taught not to open a can of worms on what you know for sure you aren’t willing to fully accept. Like for instance couples who play that go sleep on the couch game. They may go to that couch a few times until they get sick of it and decide to leave the house altogether. Both of you are grown no one person can tell another what to do. However in a marriage it supposed to be about the team. No one person is dominant over another although women like to think they have this ability. If you want to see a relationship dwindle treat your spouse like a child and watch it end fast. Talk this one out. You and your partner has set the bar pretty low on expectations when it comes to communication but its going to take communication and honesty to make this work. What happens if your partner doesn’t want to change this way of living? I can’t answer this. To my readers its been this way for 5 years. This is a long time to then turn around and change if both of you aren’t on the same page. Hopefully bending, communicating, and agreeing is still apart of your marriage and this can be worked out. But be prepared that your partner will not want to change.
To my future couples, don’t ever put something on the table that you aren’t willing to deal with the long-term consequences or reactions of that decision.
Today is side chick appreciation day. This is the day when the memes come out hard. I heard someone say that we should be nice to a side chick and this is my response to that, hell naw I won’t. I know that came a bit left but that is my real life rated G version of my response. Why should anyone feel sorry for a side chick. Often times side chicks can be side blinded. The men who side line a side chick really are a piece of work. This means that not only do you not respect your wife or girl but you don’t respect the one you messing with to come correct and at best tell them they are a side chick.
Now the issue with the side chick first let me deal with the man first than I will bring this thing back to full circle. You have NO game. Its sad but the reality is that some side chicks will play their “part.” Yes you can find a raggedy woman who is patiently waiting on the sidelines for any love before she turns up with no love. This I will address when I swing almost literally to the side chick herself. If you as a man really had it like that you could tell that side chick that she’s a side chick and she may go for the okie doke. But often times that side chick is lied to just as much as the lie the man is keeping with his committed girlfriend and wife. Um let me just say you don’t have enough dick or money to entertain one woman let alone more than one. Straight like that, no chasers today. I am not coming from a bitter been burnt by side chick games either but the truth is the truth. So while you may get away with the game of hurting the one you are with you will find out sometimes when it’s too late that it’s not worth it.
The chances of your woman taking you back is slim or at least it should be. Ladies I know some men go to counseling and attempt to do better but you better be 1000% sure you can handle that. The amount of distrust that is done after someone cheats is unimaginable. If you are the type that brings that back up a million times, you would be better off leaving that cheating man and sending him a clear message that this type of behavior is not acceptable with you than to stay and drag yourself and him through it. If one of you should go through the ringer shouldn’t it be the one who committed the offense?
Now to the actual side chick or side dude especially the ones who know. Why? Like legitimately why? There isn’t another man who isn’t already connected? This one that appears like a good catch is the one? What makes him or her a good catch? Cheating is a turn on? He or she won’t do that to you right? Like for real, what is your motivation. You are dipping yourself sometimes literally in the same pot. That doesn’t seem sexy to me. So the nights like Valentine’s Day when a man or woman can’t make a viable excuse for not being home, what do you do? Hold your pillow tight? Look at your gifts he had to send to you because he’s not there loving you. Let me guess, you think he’s not with his wife or her husband? I know that’s what they told you. How come he or she hasn’t left their wife or husband? Your stuff not bomb enough to make him roll? Oh yeah the kids, yeah that’s called an excuse. No one should ever stay for the kids.
Listen if being second to the main is good for you, than you will never have much. No one cares about your place. You have none. Once that wife and husband finds out trust me they are going to make your side boo’s life hell. Once that happens the spark you once saw won’t be as strong as you think. They the wife and husband and your boo will blame you. This isn’t anything new that you haven’t heard its just time out for being the sloppy second to another woman or man’s main. Let people figure their relationships out without being the one sliding in between them.
So not I don’t sorry for a side piece today. You get what you deserve.