If you’re already connected and the interested person doesn’t know you need to tell them. If they know but still pushing up than know they just like the chase and want to see if you will take the bait.
As an adult it’s your choice who you are with period. This means even if you just want a one night or one time physical relationship as an adult it’s up to you. Not everyone wants a commitment but be true to yourself. Don’t say you don’t want a commitment in hopes that you can later change a person’s mind.
If you are already connected either by dating or marriage than you know that the answer is a no for now. With that being said it’s best to thank the person for the interest and move along. In a dating situation boundaries need to be made. You have a boyfriend or girlfriend and you don’t have anything to entertain another person. If you’re married the boundary was made on your wedding day and you end it.
The past is the past. It can be a beautiful reminder of what was but it takes a lot to dig the past up, revive it and make it work. Ask anyone including me how much work it takes to date someone from your past. It’s not super easy. It’s never a good idea to open the door to a past or new interest because if you do it says more about you than the person knocking. People don’t realize that a person who will cheat or entertain someone else but expect loyalty from the person they were originally connected to shows they have NO loyalty at all. You want what you can’t or won’t give. This goes for men and women. So if you’re connected say thanks, nice talking to you, and seal the door of communication.
Let me guess you can handle it right? Wrong. You start catching up. Then you exchange emails at first, then phone numbers, than social media and now you can’t get this person off your mind. You absolutely not giving the person you were connected to any of your valuable time because your sharing space with someone else. Now if your just dating and no commitment with anyone than that’s your right. However don’t mess over another individual while taking space with another while connected or committed to a person. You might lose on both relationships.
Nothing. It’s a song. There is nothing that your current boyfriend can do with the fact that you have a memory with an ex. It’s life. We all have them. I have them. The point is to see it as a memory only and keep moving. As long as you aren’t throwing the song or any memory in his face, he will be okay. He may just be upset because he feels that another man has shared something he hasn’t. My thing is that is the way dating works. You will never really share everything with one person. There is space although small that we all bring in from someone else. It’s no different from a cologne or perfume smell. It’s all a memory. It reminds me of the song by Jill Scott, “Cross my mind.” In the song she talks about a memory in the form of her ex’s cologne and she attempted to have the next one smell like the last but it stunk. Everything isn’t for everybody. It really isn’t. Your boyfriend has memories of other women he just happened to know about one of yours and it stung him a bit. He will be fine. Let him know that there is nothing to be worried about and let that be that.
To the part where you should stop singing unless you have a mic or a made up mic and are literally in his face with it, he will deal. Songs come on. I know of one of my husbands songs for his ex and I just mention it and move on. I have songs for my exs and it is what it is. I don’t sing it like I am attempting to make American Idol but its a memory good or bad and it fades.
Happy Friday to you all! Who is ready for the weekend? I surely am. Let me just make a world-wide declaration to my beautiful daughter, Naila-happy 8th birthday. My daughter and I am rightfully biased is one of the sweetest, amazing little girls to date. She loves everyone and is such a jewel to be around. We plan to celebrate her all weekend long. I pray continued love, strength and peace to her life always.
It’s also Memorial Day weekend. So this means that there are going to be a few activities that will be taking place in a city near you. If you live in or around Philadelphia there are a lot of FREE events taking place. We ALL can afford free right? The point is to get out and enjoy yourself. Don’t go back to work on Tuesday with the boring didn’t do anything unless that is what you wanted to actually do-NOTHING. Rest, relax, organize, plan for the rest of the Summer time. Memorial Day is the unofficial start to Summer so get out and get busy.
This has been a really interesting week for me. I am still coming down on my weight. I am about to shift from just losing weight to maintaining for the month of June. I am looking to get to my goal so I can purchase this Boho style swimsuit. I haven’t bought a swimsuit in 5 years. Also I was in a lot of control when it came to dealing with the things that life through just this week. I almost had a little mental break down but some encouragement came and helped me along the way. I had such an amazing time with my husband this past weekend and some much-needed me time as well.
- Prayers to those in Manchester. A bomber decided to bomb the Ariana Grande concert that was being attended by mostly teenager and young children. My heart goes out to those who lost their lives as well as those injured from the deadly blast. I can’t understand why there is so much evil in this world but there is.
- Trump’s administration is supposedly under the microscope. Even with getting into all of the politics of it all I do believe that Trump believes that he has the power to do as he pleases. I do not believe he under the concepts of checks or balances. So we shall keep watching to see what comes of all of this.
- Greg Gianfonte is out here body slamming reporters-allegedly. It’s sad when offices used to be respected therefore they carried themselves to a higher standard. Pretty soon they going to be pulling even more stunts but what do I know.
- Chris Cornell died of an apparent suicide. His wife is saying medication he was on is what led to his death and he would have not killed himself otherwise. I pray peace during this difficult time.
- I spoke last week about awaiting for test results well I got them back. It doesn’t look good. I have to be seen this week for some blood related issues and so when I have a treatment plan in place than I will blog openly about what is going on. I have no problems sharing anything in my life and especially about health due to the fact there is always going to be someonelse who will go through it too. I will inform you all of any changes especially any changes that distributes the blog. If you aren’t already following me on Facebook please do as many of the changes will be announced there, https://www.facebook.com/toitimeladies/
- Ask Toi-about family or friends who come over uninvited and especially as parents who have small kids and have a sitter. It’s always good to call first. You don’t know what is going on with people and it shows a respect for other people’s time. If you come over unannounced than don’t expect to have access to someone’s home no matter how close you are if who you are visiting has a sitter. If that sitter isn’t aware of you stopping by its going to be a closed-door that greets you.
- Ask Toi-taking a sex break while married. You have a right and a choice to engage or disengage but I would suggest that you work out the issue that is causing you to want to take a sex break than to go to you mate and not have a clear definition of what that means. Do NOT expect your mate to be okay with it but you have the right to your body and to be vocal in what your intentions are.
- Annoying co-workers anyone? Yes we ALL have them. Simple things to keep in mind as you go through the work day.
- Mirage screens-we put too much stock in what others are doing, what they are portraying, what they show us, etc. Worry more on your own life and less on celebrities or couples or individuals you admire.
As we end this week and dive into the long weekend a few reminders:
- Sunscreen should be worn all year round not just in the Summer months. However since pools and beaches will be swarmed this weekend and beyond, don’t forget it. I use a SPF in my makeup as well.
- Keep your kids close. Do NOT get comfortable and get caught up in celebrating that you forget about them. There are sick people everywhere and the last thing you need is a child to be unaccounted for.
- Drink but be safe. I like a beverage or two but if you think DUI check points aren’t real you are sadly mistaken. Be careful. If you are tipsy call a Uber, etc.
- Violence unfortunately especially in some cities that are already plagued with violence more will break out. Watch the company you keep and be vigilant in having peaceful get togethers. If you are having a fault with someone and can’t be mature than don’t even attempt to resolve it at that time. I pray that all innocent bystanders will be protected as well. You can be at the right place at the wrong time, do nothing and still end up hurt or dead. Prayers to all my ToiTime readers and followers.
Continue reading “Weekly Recap: May 26, 2017”
People, good people, good morning. Listen let’s have a serious talk about what appears to be and what is. We ALL have put out into the atmosphere our very best self. We post the best pics out of the 100 we took. We use filters because let’s face it they are pretty. However there is one thing that we all need to be reminded. Everything that glitters isn’t gold. This isn’t the first time we have heard it but let’s talk about it some more.
We get caught up in the ideas about of what people put out. Some people post about solid marriages and have the most flakiest ones. Being real is about being loud and yelling instead of just being honest and transparent. Just because you yell you keeping it real doesn’t mean you are. That’s a free nugget of wisdom for someone. People struggle. Relationships and marriages struggle. People don’t air out their dirty laundry or rather they shouldn’t. We base our lives off of others and do less work on our own. If you see a woman get flowers, you go home and complain you aren’t getting them. However you haven’t expressed you wanted them before. You don’t go and get them yourself because you enjoy them. You are waiting, hoping that the man you are with will finally take this initiative and do and missing out on the love you really do and can give yourself. You realize that if that love won’t measure up and you practice self-love, nature will separate you from what you don’t need to be with. Again another freebie for you.
Please learn to take some stock in YOUR life. I give great advice but I try to eat and nibble on it before I give it. I hold myself accountable. For instance let me give you some realness. I was having the worst anxiety attack. I didn’t want to go to an event because I knew some of the people there I don’t vibe with. I had to be reminded that its more than talk, I will NEVER vibe well with them. I can’t live with brakes on. SO I got dressed and made it happen. I wanted to be in my defeated world and just go to bed. I ended up having an amazing time. The point is simple, it’s about getting past the hiccups with action and not just lip service.
We have to get past our favorites smoke screens. I love LL Cool J and Morris Chestnut and both are married. Like my marriage there are days even with all of their fineness that their wives are ready to trip them because of something they did or didn’t do. No different from my own marriage. I have friends who I look up to but when they close their doors they have things they are working out in their lives. So you have to understand that and learn to live life on your own terms. A lot of people selling this message of love your spouse, or job or life to the fullest don’t always mean they receive it or live it everyday. Be careful who you put your highest stock on. Everyone on your pedalstool will disappoint you if you don’t keep things into perspective. No different from when the report of America’s sweetheart Jesse Williams called it quits with his wife. Everyone like lawd if they can’t make it what we gon do? You gon get over it and make your marriage work. You need to use the information to make yours solid. Love harder, listen more, don’t take things for granted, etc That’s what you do instead of attributing everything good and going into doom and gloom when it doesn’t add up.
Live your OWN best life!!
Happy National Pizza Party day. Who doesn’t love pizza? Okay not a real way to open up the blog by hey it’s Friday and I am in uber good mood today. For all of those who will have a slice have fun! I have eaten enough of my points in other delectable things for the week that I need to chill until date night tomorrow night. So how was your week? Mine was pretty good so let’s dive in.
So this has been a good week. Let me shout out my kids this week. They are ending the school year on some awesome high notes. My daughter-the oldest has a birthday coming up. My son is going to kindergarten next year and has a moving up graduation soon. My youngest is doing well and has adopted a new imaginary friend aka her bunny. This has been an awesome week for the Storr kids. That makes me and my husband super awesome. Another good thing this week has been that I have gotten the most sleep in a long time. Now with that we will talk about my lows but that’s at least a plus this week. I am still losing the weight and I am super excited. I have another goal and that is a cute little Boho bathing suit I have been eyeing for the Summer. Oh and Summer is coming so insert the biggest happy face ever. I love heat! I have some awesome plans this weekend along with some scheduled me time so I can’t wait to get me together like I always do-no excuses. Have a wonderful weekend and do one thing that will renew your mind. Sometimes that means cleaning a few things out in preparation for what is to come.
Here is a short list of renewal things (I get asked this in emails often)
- Clean up your space-this is very renewing. Clutter will get the best of you.
- Go to a park-being outside is very comforting.
- Magazine time-you need to be able to take some time out to enjoy a few favorites.
- Visit a coffee shop
- Church or mediation
- Go to a farmers market
- Sleep-rest is a beautiful thing. I am super busy but taking an extra hour does amazing things
- Shopping for some is super renewing
- Organize-doing things to help your week saves time and energy. I meal prep, breakfast prep like making sandwiches I can freeze and grab, making smoothie bags for the week all ensure that the excuse of “don’t have time” is gone. How else would I get through the week with 3 small kids at 3 different schools?
- Kingston Frazier, 6 years old was killed when his mother went into a grocery store and left him in a car unattended with the keys. A group of men later identified as teenagers took the car with the boy in it and hours later he was found dead with a shot-gun wound. My heart has been hurting and my head too over the senseless deaths of our children this week. Please keep this family in prayer.
- Following up from the previous death is the death of Gabriel Taye who died of an apparent suicide after he had been bullied and knocked out the day before after hitting his head on a wall by another boy in his class. His mother was not informed of what happened and 2 days later he was found in his bedroom from a suicide.
- Here in Philly a 10-year-old boy had been bullied and came home and told his mom he had the worst day of his life. She gave him space and then when she went to check on him he had died of an apparent suicide. I know there are a lot of other news stories but these are important this week. We have kids’ life being taken for no reason. Please parent be vigilant with your kids. Please make sure that you talk with your children. We need to listen and support our children. Do NOT leave them in the car. Although the actions of the mother who left Kingston in the car were bad, the real enemy was the boys that took his life. May all of these beautiful boys always be remembered and let’s have less of them. I will do a separate blog about all of them soon.
- Trump and the Russian ties is heating up. So be on the look out if you already aren’t now.
- The dirty mirror-this had a lot to do with my personal journey that I am taking in my life to love me more and how that is affecting and could potentially affect the state of my marriage. These changes have so far made us strong but for others who find themselves in this change it can make them second guess everything.
- I got you ma-this is the season that men start the cat calling more. Summer lovin is finally on its way. For the single and ready to mingle this could be good. Just don’t lose your mind and think that all men are on the up an up because they are not. Some will promise the world just to bed you. Never lose focus. If you only want sex, protect yourself, but if you want more, be vigilant and ask questions. Men will tell you what you ASK. So ask the right ones.
- TBT: we threw it back to when putting it all on the table too soon may be considered an issue. Don’t be the only one throwing it out there. Ask. If you’re dating its your season to enjoy someone’s company as well as it is to collect information.
So I went to the doctors a few weeks ago and got a clean bill of health. So she asked me to get blood work done. I didn’t do it. So now the migraines that had subsided since I started eating better and losing weight have come back. So today I didn’t hesitate to get the blood work done this morning. So that is the push for all of my ToiTime to take care of themselves. So it’s your job to be vigilant about what you need. You can’t take care of anyone if you don’t take care of you first. I have to wait until Monday to get the results and I am pretty sure I know what they will say. I will keep you posted. I do not think I am in immediate danger. I do believe vitamins etc. will have to be readjusted. Other than that whatever has been going on makes me super exhausted. I am anemic but that was improving. So say a little prayer that all will be well and continue that way.
Well where I live it’s about to be a nice 90 degrees. This is a signal to every female of what to expect in the coming months. It doesn’t matter if you’re single, married, or an alien, if you are female the foolery is going to happen. For my single ladies, this cat calling will confuse you if you don’t have your wits about you. For some we can get cat called on daily but for those who may be a little rusty and looking to step back in the dating field, let me give you a few details to remember.
I got you ma personality-this is the man with all of the promises in the world but NEVER comes through. Also watch for the ones who are hit and miss with the promises. They were waiting on you to drop your drawers and didn’t want to go all in-trust me. I met a guy a million years ago that was like, I got you: nails, hair etc I ain’t seen him in a million years. He was all talk. It may seem like part of the game but there are a lot of cues to this type of man. Look at if you get that far how he interacts with those around you. If he is the flashy type of guy that makes it rain in the club but ain’t making it rain in his own home, there is a problem. We all love to go out and have a good time but if you find the man you are entertaining is the type that don’t have his stuff together, run. In your 20s living it up is what folks do, but anything past 20s is screaming “run the hell away.” If this man can’t get your nails and hair done but keeps promising you, what are you wasting your time for? Not that you need him to do it. Let’s keep this real during the time I met the I got you ma man, I was at the nail and hair salon bi-weekly. So his donations weren’t needed. I wasn’t the woman looking for a come up. My momma already taught me how to maintain without a man. So for the men on some oh she trying to get the ladies to be a gold digger you can relax that’s not even the case. Be clear that a LOT of men will approach a woman especially when they think she and he are comfortable with the let me get you lies. Women don’t even have to give it up.
How many times has a man said I don’t care that you’re married? Trust me a lot. How many of them said I can get you whatever and you can look in their eyes and see they full of it? A lot. Ladies, you know I am telling the truth. The problem is once you have gone out on a few dates we tend to forget that it’s all about the chase. The I got you ma man isn’t staying around to really wine and dine you past getting the “cookie.” So you have to see if that man’s words have weight. The game doesn’t change. The issue is that some women will find that man who does make good on what he says and messes him over. This does happen. Be careful in the world of scammers. Not all men are scammers but trust there are some. Some men, will put only a little bait to see what you are willing to do. You want the expensive restaurant, it’s going to cost you. You want a new handbag, it’s going to cost you. The cost to them is mere pennies to what it cost you to think you finally found the one and are left with a broken heart. Unless a wet spot on some sheets is all you need than I say go for it!!
I had a guy tell me he was going to buy this and that I have yet to see it but guess what, I bought it myself. End of the day its simple, be your own boss. Go to the table with more than hips and thighs. You are not a value meal. Learn to smile and give them a little snazziness back when they start talking that game. Learn to weed out the losers that really just want to get laid. Always remember as a woman when you walk away from one there is another so don’t waste your beautiful times on a bunch of lies. Its warm, Summer is coming and skirts and dresses make these men lose their mind. Don’t lose yours….
The very point of new love is to get to know someone. If you telling your boyfriend that you don’t like something is an issue this relationship will not last. Relationships are give and take. Sometimes you have to speak up. Best believe your boyfriend will have zero problems stating what he likes or doesn’t like. I get that the first semi difficult talk seems to be happening, but you have to let him know. Why let this man call you a little pet name that you simply don’t want to hear. When he calls you this name its supposed to have you grinning from ear to ear not irritated. Communication is key in any relationship. Women feel like they can’t speak up unless all hell has broken loose and now you’re in full complaint mode. Men think that all women do is complain because often times we let things go unchecked and then we confront after many times before we didn’t simply just be an adult and hash it out and leave it alone. You don’t like it, sit him down and say hey I would prefer a different name. Reality as simple as this situation is the bigger issue isn’t in a pet name but the reality that you are already feeling like you need to tip toe around him and that needs to change. If you are in a relationship open and honest communication with yourself and then him is necessary. Any relationship where you can’t do both needs to be reevaluated. Is the name the issue or your lack of ability to feel comfortable speaking up the issue? Is it that you are afraid that rocking the boat? Is your relationship in a good place or this a drop in a bucket? Sometimes the small things that irritate you about someone can reveal much bigger issues. If the romance has died early on than you can either do the work to rekindle it or decide if its worth it all together.