Weekends if you work a Monday-Friday type of job should be used to get your mind right, spend time with family and friends and have a break from the mundane. If you are an entrepreneur you know there is no such thing as a day off, work is all the time. If you are in the nursing field or are the type that has to be in public office such police, fire etc then time off is a blessing. Regardless when its time to break, break! Overworking even if it’s for yourself is crazy. None of that money you will take with you. So learn to balance your life so you can make a little living and be here to enjoy the fruits of your labor!
What you should be doing is simple:
- Relaxing-yes this is not a curse word. Relaxing. I used to try to jam pack so much into the weekend and slowly I am learning that less is best. I don’t need each second filled with something to do. I do need to find activities that everyone needs in my house but more specifically I selfishly need to make sure I am good to.
- Rest-I have 3 kids and a pretty busy schedule and used to feel super guilty about taking a nap or going to bed early or resting. This is human nature and a right. Take it. Do not feel guilty. Crawl in that bed, put your feed up, get your rest and get some sleep. Successful people know how to turn it up and they know when to turn it down.
- Renew your mind-you see the pattern. It starts with choices and you must make a choice to renew. Some people go to church or other spiritual filling exercise. Some do yoga. Whatever you choose and there are plenty of choices do it and do it regularly.
- Plan and work their plan. Sometime I sit and look at the week before and find out how I could have done things differently. It could be something as simple as making snacks bags the day before whatever it is find it, do it. Any time saved is enough to shave off stress throughout the week. This is why my crock pot is sacred. Shout out to my husband who got me 2. I ain’t hardly mad. I will turn them both on and that’s at least 2-4 days worth of food per crock pot meal.
- Have some fun. I mean my goodness let your hair down a little. Grab you some adult juice or a mocktail. Go find a party and dance or create a party right at home. Do you know how many times a dance party for me and the kids has been a workout and fun? Plenty. Lighten up.
- Go on an outing. Please do not tell me about how broke you are. Broke is a mindset. Yes your account could have cobwebs but be inventive. Do you know how strong my Google fingers are? Hella strong. The amount of free I have found could hurt someone’s feelings. Get out. Go to the park and get some fresh air. The winter is tricky times but can find something to do. Even doing some walking around at the malls on a rainy day is fun. FYI, the malls and movie theatres are the most busy during these times.
- Create. I find that I use my Pintrest the most on the weekends or sometimes during the end of the week to find activities that are super fun, cheap, and did I say fun? Yes there are somethings for everyone. You could have a movie in night where you invite another family. Make it fun by creating cute little movie themed snacks, and it can be simple and rewarding.
Whatever you plan to do this weekend-actually do. I hate going into work and people talk about how boring their weekend was. I am thinking to myself, they themselves may just be boring people. Life is about living. Get out and find out what life has to offer. There are a thousand events to go to, things to do, places to be. Whatever it is get out there and find them!