Happy Monday to you. Happy I am just making it Monday. Happy I am alive Monday. Whatever your Monday looks like to you, make it that and rise above it. Yes the weekend has left some of us dry. If it wasn’t the news that is constantly being pushed in our faces, to relationships, situationships, kids, jobs, etc you may be at wit’s end.
So we all know that we need to protect our spirit. Your spirit is your essence. It’s your wits. It’s you in a nut shell. I know there are many times when I have to take a time out. I give my kids one and have no shame in taking one. You need to protect your essence. All of life’s drama can take the beauty out of you if you let it. Today I am even more guarded to keep being informed but to filter some of the junk to avoid getting too overly emotional or let things take me out of my element.
Life is hard but cover yourself today and everyday. Cover your children who don’t fully understand but are in the presence of the same junk you are touched with. Never underestimate that they are able to pick up on negative vibes just as much as you do. Protect what they see and hear. Protect who they are around. Who you allow your kids to be around speaks volumes as they take on what on who is around them. Protect what words you say around them as well. Words have life and death in them and you have to be careful that the tearing down isn’t occurring in-house. We are worried about the outsiders but truth be told you can cause more damage in house than you will ever know if you aren’t careful.
Filter what you take on when it comes to social media. I love social media but the down size is that it doesn’t always allow you to be social. It can become battle grounds. It can become warfare. It can zap your energy. It can take up so much of your time. It can allow you to not be able to disengage with those around you. It is a choice and you must make good choices on what you entertain on social media. Everything isn’t worth a response. Everything doesn’t need a clap back. You have to clean your social media act up. Delete some accounts you don’t need. Take a few folks off that you allow to get you all up in arms. Learn to take a step back with who you call friends on your social media accounts. Never post anything you don’t stand by 100% and be prepared to live with any backlash. Learn that some things that inspire you may just be for you. Learn that you can choose to spread hate or love. Love on yourself. Practice self-love everyday. Mental illness is real and it can be elevated by social media because when the mind is weak it allows the defenses of everything to be low. Be careful. Speak life today. Speak life into your situations and find ways to make your bottom line better. Reach out to help others when your able. It’s no different from when you’re on a plane, they tell you to put the oxygen mask on you first. Same rule applies in life, stop handing out all of your resources to others and leave yourself depleted. Help you than you can help someone else. Have a great Monday and practice self love and love on others around you.
So I want to start doing a weekly wrap up with my readers. I first want to say thank you for rocking out with me. Some of you have been loyal since day one 2 years ago and some are brand new. Even if you came to see what I am doing and have something to say about that, either way you are here.
With this new weekly wrap up I will attempt to wrap a few news stories as well as personal highs and lows that went down this week.
- Missing black girls in the DC area. I have a 7-year-old and to know that these young girls are missing and not much coverage is being done to bring them or any lost child home is most disturbing. I need our men to step up and assist our single mothers in DC and all over the world. Men make such a vital part of our community especially in homes where no male is present. So let’s say a prayer that these young ladies make it home safe and sound.
- Violence breaks out outside the UK Parliament-it is the sad day that we live in where these senseless acts of violence and terrorism takes place. My prayers to those who were injured or lost their lives.
- The United States government as a whole. It’s no secret that Trump is in office. There are a lot of laws and a lot of back and forth taking place that affects and will affect of the everyday life. My suggestion is that we need to all start pulling resources together. We need to look out for one another. I have been saying this since I started this blog, we need to take it back to the old land mark where we would watch over our elderly, feed the kids, and help the single moms and dads where we can. A little can go a long way and not just around the holiday times either. Step it up all year-long
- Lost 2 more pounds this week. Even managed to almost loss my clothes on the treadmill. Contemplating if I should buy smaller size clothes as I have gone down one and a half but I am attempting to wait it out.
- Made some time for myself and I have a few things for myself this weekend. I am on a mission to attempt to balance my life as much as possible to not give more than I need to in any one area and pour back into my own life like I pour out into others.
- Daughter’s report came home and we are loving her new confidence. We are working with her on not just hearing what we say but applying. We want her to be strong and confident and speak up for herself respectively.
- Concurred the water demon aka drinking water more. I do not like water however its one of the best components to losing weight is increasing water. I can actually drink it whether its flavored or not and that’s major progress.
- Keeping up with my new natural hair style. I thought it would be harder especially with the fact that I work out at least 3 days a week but so far so good. See my blog on my natural hair, Natural is not a phase
Blogs for this week:
If you missed anything and you I hope you haven’t but if you did this is what we were talking about this week:
- Marriage and medical deal breakers. We helped a married couple navigate should they leave their marriage over a medical problem. You have to read my answer. It’s not always a flat-out no. Yes we have vows but sometimes……
- Rapper Future is not on my top list of greatest rappers. I do not like this just learned how to read, cookie cutter, make money off of stupidity rap.
- Open marriage in the communication lane and taking trips without your mate
- Whether or not you should leave a significant other who refuses to wash. The short answer is going to a yes…..
- We highlighted KJM a blogger that keeps it straight no chaser. Let me say she gets the nitty and gritty of where I leave off. I blog light but my mouth is just as sharp. Don’t know who KJM is, catch up
- Spring must do
So this has been a trying week for me in that I am still dealing with the aftermath of my kid’s school. I really am trying to find the appropriate way to start communicating and liking it my kids teachers. I believe in keeping decorum but the struggle is in having to save face after I am clear that personalities no longer mash well. Parenting is not an easy road. I as always taught to handle my business but I find that I am on a hi and bye level and I am not sure if that will be enough to salvage the broken relationship. I do not play when it comes to my kids. Once I see someone lie, discriminate, or even not give them the basic education they deserve my first step is to get through the year and think ahead on new schooling. I know that sounds like running but it’s not. I believe every child needs to have a good education. I believe they should be safe, and be in a welcoming environment. My kids do not go to school for free. So once I start shelling out rent payments and car notes I expect a high level of expectation to be met period. So I am still figuring things out and weighing out all options. The trick is putting my issues to the side for the better of my children but not taking no junk from anyone regardless of title or position.
This past weekend wasn’t a very good one for me. I had a hard time coming out of a funk. No I am not super positive every moment. I can go left real quick. It is something that I am aware of and try to stay away from others and retreat if I need to. My patience can become quick and the only ones I am not short with for the most part are the 3 that call me mom. I am working on getting better on working through my triggers. But hey I am human and I bounced back fine.
There are so many moment in life that you find yourself running on E. You do all that you can do extend yourself to a million and one place and then you find out that you are just at a place where you think you can’t go anymore. I remember many moments in my life where I have felt this. At the birth of every one of my children when their dad had to go back to work and there was no more visits from others to help. I felt that when I moved to Philadelphia broken and feeling alone. I felt that when my husband and I was pulling the plug on our marriage. I felt that way when I had interviewed and nothing seemed to pop. I felt that when my previous daycare quit on us in the middle of the night because my kids got sick.
We all have these moments. These are the moments when we have to allow people and things to breath life onto us. I have been at a coffee shop with tears in my eyes and had a barista write me a note. I have had a person just send me a text message reminding me that they care and are there for me. These are moments when even if life is kicking your butt to the point where you are looking excited to give up, it brings you back to yourself. I think we all play a part in that. Today I made sure that the lady in front of me in the line who was short in change that since I had it put it in for her. She left and when she came back I had already taken care of it. I didn’t make a church announcement in the store, just simply gave it and walked away. She found me a few hours later and gave me this big hug. It was the type of hug I needed. I really miss home sometimes especially in the Fall because its one of my favorite seasons its all about comfort. She had no idea that I have been up long hours with my husband who is helping his mother who is very sick keep his hopes up. She had no idea that I had been so exhausted beyond belief. Her hug felt like my mom or my grandma. Her hug felt like a second of refugee. It gave me incredible energy. It gave me hope. She wanted to give me the change and I refused. I told her the hug was what I needed.
I do belief that with all that is going on in the world, random acts of kindness help to renew the spirit. I don’t do them only around the holidays but all year long. They help to build the person who is receiving as well as the one who gives it. We need more people to give a few hugs, a kind smile, pay for a coffee or two. They are small gestures that sometimes define someone else’s next step. I read how a woman who was battling anorexia had a barista write the word smile. She had a feeding tube in her and it made her not end her life that night. Its called little whispers of love. Sometimes when life is heavy we need them to touch us. I remind my husband of this every time. There has been times as a family when the struggle has been real. Then a little reminder comes or something works out that we had nothing to do with and it renews my faith.
What are you giving? Keep in mind when you put negative energy you get it back. The same works for positivity. It’s not about being happy and jolly all the time. It’s about looking for the good and allowing the good to help push you to your destiny. The hug I received didn’t cause my husband’s mother to get an instant healing. But it renewed my mind so that I can go home and do whatever is needed to ease his load. It made me have a second wind to deal with my kids and find a way to enjoy my evening. It made me a little less home sick until I can get a hug from my parents on Friday. It gave me a boost and it was what I needed.